Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our Little Christmas

Since i'll be out of work the next few months while Brian is in school and the baby is new, we both agreed that we'd only get each other one gift for Christmas. It was such a great opportunity for us to serve others and focus on the Savior this year. I did sneak and get Brian a few more gifts than I agreed to but in my defense, I was a very savvy shopper and barely spent any money at all. I know Brian became increasingly curious during the weeks leading up to Christmas as more and more gifts piled up under the tree. I told him that all my gifts combined cost about the amount of one gift and that I didn't want him getting me more than one gift. And, I honestly wrapped every little possible thing so under our tree wouldn't look so bare. In actuality, I barely got him anything.
On the 23rd after a long day at work, I told Brian to not get me a gift at all. I know we both had been feeling the stress of affording and providing for our baby and the hours we had been working did not give us time to purchase last minute gifts. The idea of saving our money instead of buying frivalous things was sounding much more appealing to me than any gift at this point. Brian did have something up sleeve though because on Christmas Eve, he made me hide in our bathroom while he hid something in the nursery. He made me promise not to go in the nursery at all. He told me not to put my ear up to the door either. He had me thinking he bought a puppy or something. I seriously would have been happy if he got me nothing but instead, this is what he got me...
Oh. My Goodness!!!!! I can't believe he got me this!!! I didn't even ask for it but couldn't love anything more!!! I have never been so surprised before. Brian knows I love working out and am pretty bummed that i'll have to cancel my gym membership with the baby coming. I felt embarrassed for him to open his gifts after seeing what he got me. My husband is such a stud and pulled this surprise off flawlessly. I know Christmas shouldn't be about gifts and receiving but this is the most awesome gift I have ever received. I will never forget this Christmas and how thoughtful and loving Brian is for getting this for me. I would love him just the same if he got me nothing but seriously, WHAT A STUD!!!!! He knows this gift was the ultimate trump card! I got him a few small things and we spent the rest of the day relaxing, talking to our families, and watching Christmas movies. This is our first and last Christmas with just the two of us. It was so fun and more than I could have dreamed of. Christmas is a time to think of the Savior and to serve one another. I so loved this year that we were able to focus on that more than ever before. Our lives are about to change dramatically and every Christmas here after will be filled with the excitement of our kids anticipating toys and fun. However, I hope that we can maintain the spirit that we felt this year in the future with our children. We want them to know that first and foremost, we serve, and love each other, and remember the Savior. Here are a few more pics. I hope you enjoy.
He's so excited! Don't you love the hair?!
Check out the baby's stocking on the fireplace.
Testing out my new Eliptical.
Brian workin' it in his new outfit!

2 comments:

  1. Brian is awesome! wow, when i heard your video i realized we sound exactly alike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great gift!! You guys are too cute! And I can't believe y'all made that fireplace. I totally thought it was real! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete