Friday, November 19, 2010

Baby Shower 11/13/10

So, I have the most awesome Mom because last weekend she threw me an amazing baby shower! I was not going to have a baby shower at all but when my mom came to visit a few weeks ago, she insisted that we have one. I was pretty excited about it because nobody throws a party like my mom! I think Brian was a little apprehensive to make the drive all the way down to California but being the awesome husband that he is, he went with it. Brian and I left Provo on Friday and made the ten hour drive down to LA. When we got there, it was late in the evening and Carlay(as we affectionately call my mom) was still toiling away in the kitchen making snacks for the party. The house was completely decked out in Shower decor and I could tell she had been working really hard for the past few weeks to put this little soiree together. My mom went all out!!! There were paper lanterns, balloons, confetti, and all sorts of cute little knick-knacks all over the house. She made little white chocolate baby bottles as party favors. She had the games all set out and didn't miss a single detail in planning this event. I think the crowning glory was that she had a custom cake made to look like a baby bottle and it said, "Congratulations Adriana and Brian." It was the cutest cake ever!

The next morning, we helped her make the punch and set out all the food. Carlay had us put little rubber duckies on all the serving plates. I think my Mom needs to start her own event planning business.The shower was a complete success!! We had tons of people show up and Brian and I were so grateful for all the support we received from our friends and family. It was so fun to see everyone and visit. I have to admit that the best part was that a few of my girlfriend from high school came and brought their brand new baby girls. Brian and I loved holding them and it made us even more excited for the arrival our little girl. We had so much fun and wish we could have stayed in LA longer but we had to be back to work on Monday. On the long drive home Sunday afternoon, I couldn't help but think of all the support we received and all the baby items people got us. I was overwhelmed with gratitude and couldn't believe how gracious people were in helping us get the things we need for this baby. If you're reading this blog and you came to my shower, thank you SO SO much for all the help and support. Brian and I have been so blessed!


The darling party favors



So yummy!
Carlays awesome creations.
One of my favorites.

3 comments:

  1. what an awesome mom you have!! I am excited to come to your baby shower here and see your growing belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I could be there!! Cant wait to see your little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Carla knows what's up! Your shower was DARLING! So glad you were spoiled! I can't begin to tell you how stoked I am that your a blogging woman these days!!

    ReplyDelete