Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Somethings Cookin'

So, when we heard that our ward Halloween party was going to be giving prizes for the best costume and dessert, we were pretty excited. Brian and I LOVE winning contests. We spend too much time entering ourselves in every possible sweepstakes in the hope that we might win something. Of course we decided to play on the fact that i'm pregnant. Since we have a "bun in the oven," We thought I could be an oven and Brian could be a baker. We made my costume out of a cardboard box. Add a little paint, some magnets, saran wrap, and some dollar store items and you've got an oven. I wore all black and taped a picture of a cinnamon roll on my baby bump. Brian even made it so you could open and close the oven. He borrowed an apron from work and we got him a chefs hat to wear. We thought our costume would be so sterio-typical for a BYU young married ward but it turns out it's not so typical. People loved it! We were voted the best costume in the ward and I can honestly say we were shocked and excited to win. We also entered the dessert contest and won first prize for that too. Brian made a pumpkin mouse pie and I made pumpkin pie bars, Altogether we won $20 in gift cards to Chilis restaurant. Free date! I have never really been a competitive person but there is definitely a certain satisfaction that comes from winning a contest. Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as we enjoyed making the costumes and desserts.


6 comments:

  1. Do you realize that your pregnacy ticker says you only have 62 days to go???? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want the recipe for the pumpkin mousse pie. That sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo cute! I am not surprised at all that you won! Love you guys. Hope this finds you well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! A new post! Im glad I could help. I love the costumes :) You should post the recipes to those pumpkin desserts. They both look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha--congrats on your victory! I'm very impressed with your costume- making skills. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying! These costumes rock!! Oh how I miss the McEwens!

    ReplyDelete