Friday, December 10, 2010

Quarter of a Century

Well friends, I was pretty excited for December 7th this year for every reason besides the fact that it was my birthday. I have to admit it was probably one of the most eventful, unique, and unforgettable birthdays i'll ever have. It was an exciting day but even more exciting for a few other members of our McEwen family. I started my day off pretty typically...

1. Go to work- Check
2. Talk to Ash Hall on the phone- Check
3. Weekly grocery shopping trip- Check
4. Annual(and awesome) birthday call from my Mom- Check
5. Lunch with a friend- Check
6. Amanda(sis-in-law) is in Labor- Che...WHAT!?!!!!!

So Amanda going into labor was a total surprise! I had joked with her about going into labor a week early on my birthday but didn't really think it would happen. I was pretty excited to be sharing my birthday with my new niece and couldn't really wait to tell Brian so I went to his work early and waited till he had a free minute to tell him. We were both so excited and thrilled for Dan, Amanda, and Julia! The rest of the day we waited for a text or call saying that the baby came. Well, at about 5:15pm she arrived with a full head of black hair weighing 7 lbs 7 oz and 20 inches long. She is a doll and looks quite a bit like her big sister Julia. Here is a pic of her and the beautiful Amanda(can you believe Amanda just had a baby in this pic? either can I). After much deliberation I think, she received the Name Addison Grace McEwen. It fits her so well and Brian and I love it and wish we lived closer so we could see her in person. I'm honored to share a birthday with my beautiful niece. Don't you just love her fuzzy black hair?!


1 comment:

  1. BAHAHAHAHA....For a minute I really thought that was your cake...to bad it wasn't...hahaha....it would fit in right where im from..hehe...lol I am soo glad your birthday was wonderful! Birthday's are always fun and joyful!...well usually :) And Dan and Amanda's baby is soo darling..what a doll she is! Gotta love the name too! Have a great one friend!

    ReplyDelete